Mohamad Yassine has demonstrated a track record of achievements in environmental engineering in the private sector, research and development, as well as the higher education sector. Before joining The American University in Cairo (AUC), he has founded two spin-offs in research and development, and educational management in the State of Kuwait, and held academic and administrative positions at the Gulf University for Science and Technology (GUST). He is also considered a leading authority in problem-based learning (PBL) where he frequently delivered workshops and trainings in PBL methodologies to public and private sector science teachers. Yassine's teaching and research interests lie in a broad spectrum between environmental engineering, sustainability, and techno-economics. He is currently active in the areas of water-energy-food (WEF) security, waste-to-energy engineering, and ecological fate and transport. Yassine earned a PhD in Environmental Engineering and an MS in Civil Engineering Management from the University of Cincinnati USA, and a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from The American University of Beirut (AUB).
- PhD in Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, USA (2012)
- MS in Civil Engineering, University of Cincinnati, USA (2009)
- BEng in Civil Engineering, American University of Beirut (AUB), Lebanon (2006)
- Water-energy-food (WEF) security
- Waste-to-energy engineering
- Ecological fate and transport processes
- Bio-transformation and ecotoxicology