Dina El-Bassiouny is an assistant professor in the Department of Accounting at The American University in Cairo, Egypt. She has previously worked as an assistant professor of accounting at Zayed University in the United Arab Emirates. She has more than ten years of experience teaching accounting to university students. She holds a PhD in business and economics, concentration in sustainability accounting and corporate social responsibility, from RWTH Aachen University, Germany with great distinction (Magna Cum Laude). Her research interests include business ethics, corporate social responsibility, sustainability reporting and corporate governance. She has published and presented her works in reputable outlets including the Journal of Business Ethics (JBE), Social Responsibility Journal (SRJ), Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy (SAMP) Journal, the British Academy of Management (BAM) Conference, and the American Accounting Association (AAA) Conference.
- PhD (Hons) in accounting, RWTH Aachen University, Germany (2012-2017)
- MSc in accounting, German University in Cairo, Egypt (2007-2010)
- B.Com in accounting, Ain Shams University, Egypt (2002-2006)
- El-Bassiouny, D., Kotb, A., Elbardan, H., and El-Bassiouny, N. (2022). To Blow or Not to Blow the Whistle? An Islamic Framework. Journal of Business Ethics.
- ElAlfy, A., Palaschuk, N., El-Bassiouny, D., Wilson, J., and Weber, O. (2020). Scoping the Evolution of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Research in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Era. Sustainability, 12(14), 5544.
- El-Bassiouny, D. and Letmathe, P. (2019). Political Instability and Corporate Social Responsibility: The Case of Egypt. Social Responsibility Journal. Vol. 16 No. 5, pp. 745-767.
- El-Bassiouny, D. and Letmathe, P. (2018). The Adoption of CSR Practices in Egypt: Internal Efficiency or External Legitimation? Sustainability Accounting, Management, and Policy Journal, 9(5), pp. 642-665.
- El-Bassiouny, N., El-Bassiouny, D., Kolkailah, S., Zahran, N., and Moharram S. (2021). Corporate Social Responsibility in Egypt. Book Chapter in Edited book titled Current Global Practices of Corporate Social Responsibility. Springer: Cham.
- El-Bassiouny, D. (2020). CSR and the Developing World: Highlights on the Egyptian Case with Implications for CSR Education. Book Chapter in edited book titled Ethics, CSR and Sustainability (ECSRS) Education in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region: Conceptualization, Contextualization, and Empirical Evidence. Routledge: London.
- El-Bassiouny, D. and El-Bassiouny, N. (2019). Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at Credit Agricole Egypt: Bridging the Academic-Practitioner Divide. El Khazindar Business Research and Case Center, The American University in Cairo.
- Sustainability Reporting
- Corporate Governance
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Social Responsibility