Yousra Bakr is an assistant professor of Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) at the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication (JRMC), School of Global Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) at The American University in Cairo (AUC). Bakr earned her bachelor's of business administration Summa Cum Laude and her master's of business administration from AUC. She also earned her master's of philosophy and her doctorate in business administration from the Maastricht School of Management.
Before joining AUC as a full-time faculty, she taught as an adjunct faculty at AUC and Misr International University and as a sessional lecturer at McMaster University, Canada.
Bakr's research interests are in digital ecosystems, online consumer behavior acceptance of analog foods, digital marketing communications and gender roles in advertising. She is the recipient of the Elisabeth Strouven Award in Research, 2015.
- Doctor of Business Administration, Maastricht School of Management (2015)
- Master of Philosophy, Maastricht School of Management (2012)
- Master of Business Administration, The American University in Cairo (2008)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, The American University in Cairo (2006)
- Online Consumer Behaviour
- Digital Marketing Communication
- Acceptance of Analog Foods
- Gender Roles in Advertising