- Position: Professor and Chief of Party of the “Center of Excellence for Water” Petroleum and Energy Engineering Department
- Department: School of Sciences and Engineering
Yasser Elshayeb is a Professor of Engineering at the American University in Cairo and the Chief of Party of the “Center of Excellence for Water,” a USAID funded project aiming at creating the Center of Excellence for Water at Alexandria University in cooperation with various Universities, Research centers, Public and Private Sector in Egypt and the USA.
Elshayeb is a graduate of Cairo University in 1990 with a degree in Mining Engineering and had a PhD from "Nancy School of Mines" in France on the Contribution of Fuzzy Logic to Geotechnical Risk Assessment of some Ancient Tombs at the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.
He has been active in teaching and research in various Engineering subjects: rock engineering, rock mechanics, data analysis, cultural heritage management, risk assessment, and project management.
Since 2006, Elshayeb was highly involved in setting up the Euro Mediterranean policies and dialogues on higher education, research, innovation, and culture, as a focal point of many Euro Mediterranean programs in Egypt and presided many senior officials' meetings within the Euro Mediterranean space.
Since his early years, Elshayeb has developed a passion for various fields of science and knowledge dissemination.
- Applied rock mechanics and rock engineering
- Natural, environmental, and industrial risk analysis and vulnerability assessment.
- Data analytics applications (statistics, data Mining, big data, DSS, GIS, Fuzzy Logic and AI)
- Cultural and natural heritage management