Wael Abdallah is an assistant professor of finance. He earned PhD from University of Salford, UK. His areas of teaching (undergraduate and postgraduate levels) and research are mainly corporate finance, investment analysis, international finance, bank financial strength rating, credit risk management in financial institutions and derivatives. In line with these, Abdallah is very active in delivering training modules and technical consultation services for corporate senior managers in many local and multinational firms and banks.
Abdallah is a prolific writer and a regular participant in international conferences, seminars and workshops. He is an expert in applications of non-parametric modeling techniques; e.g., Neural Networks, CHAID and CART.
- Distress firms and Cherry Dividends: Evidence from New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), with Mina Ayad
- Abdou, H.A , Abdallah, W.M, Mulkeen, J., Ntim, C. and Wang, Y. (2017) “ Prediction of Financial Strength Ratings using Machine Learning and Conventional Techniques”, Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 14 (4), pp. 1-18
- Eldomiaty, T., Azzam, I., El Din, M., Abdallah, W.M and Mohamed, Z. (2017) “An Empirical Assessment of The Reality of Pecking Order Theory”, Research in Finance, Vol. 33, pp. 43-72
- Eldomiaty, T., Abdallah, W.M and Attia, O, (2016) “Empiricism of Corporate Debt Safe Buffer”, Advances in Financial Planning and Forecasting, Vol. 11, Forthcoming
- Eldomiaty, T., Fikri, A., Abdallah, W.M and Hesham, H. (2015) “The Financial Determinants of Operating Efficiency for Low and High Competitive Banks in Egypt”, Journal of Finance and Bank Management, 3(2), pp. 7-23
- Eldomiaty, T., Attia, O, Abdallah, W.M and Kamal,M. (2015) “How Do Managers Manage Dividend Growth Rates?”, Research in Finance, Vol. 31, pp. 105 – 134
- Eldomiaty, T., Ismail, M.A. and Abdallah, W.M (2012) “Testing A Potential Signaling of Capital Structure Decisions in Transitional Market: Subset Model Selection Approach”, Advances in Quantitative Analysis of Finance and Accounting, 10 (1), pp. 255-283
- Abdallah, W.M, Eldomiaty, T. and Abdou, H.A. (2011) “The Effect of Bank Capital Structure and Financial Indicators on CI’s Financial Strength Ratings: The Case of The Middle East”, Banks and Bank Systems, 6(3), pp. 5-15
- Eldomiaty, T., Charara, S. and Abdallah, W.M (2011) “Monitoring the Systematic and Unsystematic Risk in Dubai General Index Do Financial Fundamentals Help?” Journal of Emerging Market Finance, 10(3), pp. 285-310
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance