Ezeldin is a professor of Construction Engineering at The American University in Cairo. He is currently chair of the Department of Construction Engineering and the coordinator of the continuous education project management programs at AUC. Ezeldin has published more than 83 books, chapter in books, referred journal papers, and papers in conference proceedings. Ezeldin has advised, co-advised, and examined more than 21 PhD dissertations and more than 52 master theses.
He has been a licensed professional engineer in the United States since 1993 and a certified project manager since 2005.
Ezeldin's professional experience has encompassed a range of activities, including consultation for engineering and project management, specialized training, academic teaching and highly technical funded research. He has also served as an international expert for the World Bank, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the United Nations Development Program.
Much of Ezeldin’s 34 years of design, technical and management experiences were gained while working with consulting firms in the United States, Europe, and the Middle East. Ezeldin has been called on several times to deliver specialized consultation, customized training programs and help administer team building activities. Ezeldin has also acted as an expert professional for international associations, governmental agencies and legal courts.
- Ph.D, 1989, Civil Engineering, Rutgers University, New Jersey
- M.Ph. 1987, Civil Engineering, Rutgers University, New Jersey
- M.S., 1986, Civil Engineering, Rutgers University, New Jersey
- B.S., 1982, Civil Engineering (honors), Ain Shams University, Cairo
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Pennsylvania, USA, PE 044269-E, 1993
- Certified Project Management Consultant, Egypt, 2005
- Department Head, Department of Construction Engineering, American University in Cairo, (January 2015- Present).
- Professor, American University in Cairo (AUC). (September 2007 - Present).
- Graduate Program Director, Construction Engineering, AUC(Sept. 2012- Dec. 2014)
- Acting Chair, Department of Construction and Architectural Engineering, American University (Fall 09)
- Acting Director, Sciences and Engineering Services, American University in Cairo- (Summer 09)
- Associate Professor, American University in Cairo (September 98 – August 2007).
- Associate Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology (September 93 – August 98).
- Assistant Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology (August 89 –August 93).
- Visiting Professor, New York University (Jan.91 - Jan.94).
- Visiting Lecturer, Rutgers- The State University of New Jersey (Jan.87- Jan.90)
ACADEMIC RESEARCH INTEREST
- Computer Software for Construction Projects Delay analysis
- Life-Cycle Cost Analysis: Computer Aided Tools
- Neural Networks for construction engineering applications
- Risk Management for Construction Projects
- Dynamic Programming for Time-Cost Trade-off Problems of Project Schedules with Repetitive Sub-projects
- Quality Management System Models
PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS and CONSULTATION
- World Bank, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Project Management International Expert, Program for Results (P4R), SRSSP World Bank Program, National Rural Sanitation of Egyptian Villages, July 2017- Present, Egypt.
- World Bank, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Project Management International Expert, Strengthening Governance of Local Water and Sanitation Utilities for Improved Service Delivery, October 2015- June 2017, Egypt.
- World Bank, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Verification and Accreditation International Expert, (EG-IDA-3779-CS-CQS), Industrial Development Authority (IDA), Ministry of Trade and Industry, April- June 2017, Egypt.
- Executive Director, Management Systems and Solutions- MSS, Egypt, 2014- 2015.
- The United Nations Development Programme, Technical Advisor, Technical Unit for the Ministry of Housing, Utilities, and Urban Communities, JAN 2015- September 2015, Egypt.
- Executive Partner and Project Management Director, EGEC- House of Expertise, Egypt- Saudi Arabia- United Arab Emirates, Qatar, 2008-2014.
- World Bank, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Project Management Expert, the Management of the National Program for the Sanitation of Egyptian Villages, Jan-March 2007, Egypt.
- Member of the Egyptian Management Code Standing Committee, 2008- Present
- Member in many national and international boards, professional and administrative committees.