BA in English Language and Literature, Cairo University, 1985
MA in Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language (TAFL), The American University in Cairo, 1994
PhD in Linguistics, Helwan University, 2005
- “Relativization in English and Arabic: A Bidirectional Study” –– The American University in Cairo Press, 2000.
- “Classical and Colloquial Arabic: Are They Used Appropriately by Non-Native Speakers of Arabic?” –The American University in Cairo Press, 2004.
- “Developing a "Visualization Strategy" for Reducing AFL Students' Reading Anxiety" by Dalal Abo El Seoud & Mona Kamel Hassan – Al-Arabiyya Journal, 2013.
- Ateek, M. Hassan, M. Naylor, T. Sarofim, M. A Roving Eye: Head to Toe in Egyptian Arabic Expressions. The American University in Cairo Press, Cairo – New York , 2014.
- Hassan, M. (2017). Motivating Heritage Students to acquire the Standard Arabic Language. In Wahba, K., England, L., and Taha, Z. HANDBOOK FOR ARABIC LANGUAGE TEACHING PROFESSIONALS IN THE 21ST CENTURY, 2ND EDITION”, Routledge: Taylor & Francis Group, Oxford, London-UK, pp.175-182.
She is keen to present her research work on foreign language learning and teaching, sociolinguistics, and pragmatics in different international and local conferences.