Maha Mourad is a tenured professor of marketing at The American University in Cairo (AUC). She is a former visiting associate professor of business studies at Drew University, NJ. She was granted a Fulbright scholar in Residence Grant at North Central College, Naperville, IL, the United States, in 2015-2016. She was awarded her PhD from The University of Nottingham Business School, United Kingdom. In addition, she had two post doctoral research grants: The Fulbright Post Doctoral research grant at George Washington University, DC, USA (2006) and the Erasmus Mundus Post Doctoral research grant at Warsaw School of Economics, Poland (2012).
Mourad’s research interests include brand equity, service marketing, innovation marketing, and higher education marketing. Over the past five years, she had more than 36 intellectual contributions, including top-tier peer-reviewed academic journal articles, conference proceedings, and case studies. One of her papers was selected as a Highly Commended Paper at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012, which attests to the value and excellence of her work. She received the university Excellence in Research and Creative Endeavors Award in June 2014 and the School of Business Excellence in Service Award in June 2019. She taught various marketing courses in Egypt, Dubai and the United States. Also, her professional experience includes several national and regional consultant assignments.
- Mourad, M.; Meshreki, H. and Sarofin, S (2019), Brand equity in higher education: Comparative analysis, Studies in Higher Education (Forthcoming issue).
- Meshreki, H.; Ennew, C. and Mourad, M (2018) A comparative analysis of dimensions of COO and animosity on industrial buyers’ attitudes and intentions, Journal of Product & Brand Management, 27(7), 832-846.
- Mourad, M. (2017), Quality Assurance as a driver of information management strategy: Stakeholders’ perspectives in Higher Education, Journal of Enterprise Information Management, 30(5), 779-794.
- Samir, R. and Mourad, M. (2014), The Adoption of Technological Innovations in a Service Context: an Empirical Study on the Higher Education in Egypt, Journal of Business and Industrial marketing, Special issue of innovation in higher education marketing, 29(6), 525-545.
- Mourad, M. (2013) Students' perception of quality assurance activities: Case study from the European higher education market, Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal, 4(3), 345 – 365. Emerald, ISSN: 2040-8021.
- Mourad, M., Ennew, C. and Kortam, W. (2011) Brand Equity in Higher Education, Marketing Intelligence and Planning, 29(4), 403-420. Emerald, ISSN: 0263-4503.
- Mourad, M. (2010) Students’ Adoption of Online Education Service: Empirical Evidence from the Higher Education (HE) Market, Online Information Review, 34(4), 604-617. Emerald, ISSN: 1468-4527.