Hamed M. Shamma is an associate professor of marketing at the School of Business at The American University in Cairo (AUC). He received his PhD in Marketing from George Washington University in 2007), his master's in business administration, with a specialization in marketing and international business from AUC in 2002, and his Bachelor of Arts in business administration, with a specialization in marketing from AUC in 1999.
Shamma's research interests are in the areas of corporate marketing, strategic brand management and customer relationship management. He specializes in examining corporate-level issues about organizations. This includes: corporate reputation, corporate branding, corporate image, corporate reporting and corporate performance.
He is also a reviewer for the Journal of International Marketing, European Journal of Marketing, American Marketing Association Annual Conference and Society for Marketing Advances Annual Conference. He is currently a member of the International Advisory Board for the Second International Congress on Pervasive Computing and Management (ICPCM) 2009.
Shamma has extensive corporate experience at Mobinil, a subsidiary of Orange, a leading telecommunications service provider and Egypt’s leading mobile service operator. He was involved with corporate performance valuation which included developing the company’s balanced scorecard and corporate key performance indicators and assessing the performance of the company on a regular basis.
Shamma has taught a variety of courses including: marketing management, consumer behavior, marketing research, marketing strategy, marketing of services and has been a guest speaker to several others including--strategic brand management, advertising and promotion management and marketing information systems. He has also conducted training and consulting for several organizations in the areas of marketing strategy, consumer perceptions analysis and brand development and management.
- “Customer and Non-customer Perspectives for Examining Corporate Reputation,” Journal of Product & Brand Management, 2009, Vol. 18 No. 5, 326-327 (with Salah Hassan)
- “A Multiple Stakeholder Perspective for Measuring Corporate Brand Equity: Linking Corporate Brand Equity with Corporate Performance” in Contemporary Thoughts on Corporate Branding and Corporate Identity Management, by T.C. Melewar and Elif Karaosmanoglu, London, Palgrave Macmillan, 2008, 23-46 (with Salah Hassan)
- “Client Relationship Management for Professional Services Firms in the Design and Building Industry: An SMPS Foundation Research Report, Part 2,” Marketer, 2007, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 14-18 (with Robert Dyer and Marilyn Liebrenz-Himes)
- “Client Relationship Management for Professional Services Firms in the Design and Building Industry: An SMPS Foundation Research Report, Part 1,” Marketer, 2006, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 16-18 (with Robert Dyer and Marilyn Liebrenz-Himes)
- Shamma has also presented a number of conference presentations at various international conferences such as: The American Marketing Association, Academy of Marketing Science, Society for Marketing Advances, Corporate Identity Research Forum, Thought Leaders Conference on Brand Management, Macromarketing Annual Conference, Association for Global Business and the Relationship Marketing Summit. His paper on 'Customer Relationship Management' (CRM) inProfessional Service Organizations (PSO’s) won the Best Paper Award in the CRM track at the 2006 Annual Society for Marketing Advances (SMA) conference.