Assistant Professor and Chair
Department of Economics
Dina Abdel Fattah is an assistant professor of economics at The American University in Cairo (AUC). Abdel Fattah received her MSc (2009) and PhD (2017) in economics from the University of Sussex, United Kingdom. Her doctoral thesis dealt with the economics of young women in Egypt, preceded by an MSc with a focus on return migration and entrepreneurship in Egypt. In addition to her work, Abdel Fattah has worked as an independent migration, gender and migration, gender and labor market expert who works with a number of local, regional and international institutions.
- Economic Growth, Job Creation and Social Justice. Alternative Policy Solutions. January 202.
- Egypt, the EU, and Migration: An Uncomfortable Yet Unavoidable Partnership, 2021. The German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP).
- The Constrained Mobility and Economic Activity of Egyptian Women. Egyptian Centre for Economic Studies. Working Paper Series WP 213, 2020.
- Linking Human Capital, Labor Markets and International Mobility: An Assessment of Challenges in Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia, 2020. International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD).
- Introduction to Microeconomics (Econ2021)
- Development Economics (Econ3051)
- Statistics for Economists (Econ2081)
- Mathematics for Economists (Econ2061)
- Labor Economics (Econ3071)