Department of Mechanical Engineering
Ashraf Nassef is is a professor of mechanical engineering in the School of Sciences and Engineering at The American University in Cairo.
- BSc,1987,Mechanical Engineering, Cairo University
- MS,1990, Mechanical engineering, Cairo University
- PhD, 1996, McMaster University, Canada
- Gaafar, L.K., Nassef, A.O., and Aly, A.I., “Fixed Quantity Dynamic Lot Sizing using Simulated Annealing”,International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, (accepted).
- Gaafar, L.K, Massoud, S.A. and Nassef, A.O., 2008, “A Particle Swarm-based Genetic Algorithm for Scheduling in an Agile Environment”, Computers and Industrial Engineering, (accepted).
- Badran, S. F., Nassef, A.O. and Metwalli, S.M., 2007, “Stability of Y-stiffeners in Ship Plating under Uni-axial Compressive Loads”, Ships and Offshore Structures, Vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 87-94.
- Gharib, H.H., Wifi, A.S., Younan, M. and Nassef, A.O., 2007, “An Incremental Finite Difference Model for the Cup Drawing Process”, International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering. Vol. 1, No.1, pp. 40-56.
- Gharib, H.H., Wifi, A.S., Younan, M. and Nassef, A.O., 2007, “Blank Holder Force Optimization Strategy in Deep Drawing Process”, International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering. Vol. 1, No.2, pp. 226-241.
- ENGR 517: Engineering Systems Analysis and Design
- ENGR 592: Advanced Topics in Engineering
- MENG 356: Mechanical Design I
- MENG 457: Mechanical Design II
- MENG 458: Integrated Design
- Evolutionary Optimization Algorithms
- Structural Optimization
- Shape and Topology Optimization