Ahmed Abdellatif is an assistant professor of biology at the School of Sciences and Engineering at The American University in Cairo. He received an MSc and a PhD from the University of Louisville, School of Medicine in Anatomical Sciences and Neurobiology. He also earned an MBBCH and a Master of Science in anatomy and embryology from Alexandria University School of Medicine. Before joining AUC, he was an adjunct assistant professor in biomedical sciences at the Sherman College of Chiropractic and the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine and an adjunct assistant professor of bioengineering at Clemson University in South Carolina. Previously, he was the director of the biomedical sciences graduate program at Barry University in Florida. Professor Abdellatif has been involved in curriculum design for medical education and taught medical and graduate level courses in human gross anatomy, neurosciences and human physiology.
- Aya O. Balbaa, Ahmed Abd El-Fattah, Nahla M Awad, Ahmed Abdellatif. Effects of Nano-scale Electric Fields on the Histology of Liver Cell Dysplasia. Nanomedicine 2018.
- H. Attia. M. Taha. A. Abdellatif. Effects of Aging on the Myelination of the Optic Nerve in Rats. Int. J. Neurosci 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/00207454.2018.1529670
- Ismail, M.; Ibrahim, S.; Elamir, A.; M. Elrafei, A.; Allam, N.; Abdellatif, A. Genistein Loaded Nanofibers Protect Spinal Cord Tissue Following Experimental Injury in Rats. Biomedicines 2018, 6(4), 96; https://doi.org/10.3390/biomedicines6040096.
- A. Bazan, T. Salem, H. Abostate, A. Abdellatif. Potential Applications of newly detected chromosomal toxin-antitoxin operons in a clinical isolate of Klebsiella Pneumoniae. Central European Symposium on Antimicrobials and antimicrobial resistance CESARS 2018, Croatia.
- Diana Sami, Hana Heiba, Ahmed Abdellatif, Hassan Azzazy; Natural Herbal Remedies for the Treatment of Skin Ulcers in Diabetic Animal Model. Biotechnology, Rome 2018
- A. Bazan, T. Salem, A. Abdellatif, H. Abostate; Computational insights into the chromosomal type II toxin antitoxin system in a clinical isolate of Klebsiella Pneumoniae. American Society of Microbiology, Atlanta, 2018.
- Abu Hussein S, Attia H, Abdellatif A. Curcumin decreases secondary damage and improve function following spinal cord injury. Society for Neurosciences meeting, 2015.
- Nathaniel TI, Otukonyong E., Abdellatif A, Soyinka J. Effect of hypoxia on metabolic rate, core body temperature and c-fos expression in the naked mole rat. Int. Dev. Neurosci. 05/2012; 30(6):539-44.
- Ahmed A. Abdellatif, J.L. Pelt, R.L. Benton, RM Howard, P. Tsoulfas, P. Ping, X.M. Xu, S.R. Whittemore. Gene delivery to the spinal cord: comparison between lentiviral, adenoviral, and retroviral vector delivery systems. J Neurosci Res. 2006 Aug 15; 84 (3):553-67.
Professor Abdellatif is interested in the response of the nervous system to trauma and in drug delivery to the nervous system. More recently, he is studying the biomedical applications of natural anti-inflammatory compounds and their role in repair following CNS injury, and wound healing.