Student Technology Assistant Program
Student Technology Assistants (STAs)
STAs provide one-on-one training sessions to faculty members on the use of technology in their courses. Training sessions take place at the instructor's convenience, in terms of pace and time. STAs may provide those sessions at the CLT office or the instructor's office.
What do STAs help with?
STAs are available at the Center for Learning and Teaching Sunday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm to train and assist AUC faculty members with the following tools:
- Lecture Capture Software (Panopto)
- Google AppsMicrosoft Office
- Basic image and video editing
- STAs may also be able to provide support on technology tools as needed. This can be arranged after consultation with the STA program coordinator to make sure the student technology assistant(s) are adequately trained on the new tool and ready to provide the service.
- STAs do not provide pedagogical consultations with regard to the application of the above technologies in the classroom. For this, faculty members should meet with CLT staff members or attend the relevant workshops.
- Student Technology Assistants will offer technical assistance and training as well as help troubleshoot technology-related issues. STAs may not, however, upload, create, or delete materials on your Blackboard or Moodle courses. Faculty requiring this level of service should contact Instructional Technology Manager, Maha Shawky
STAs for Students at the Library Help Desk
The Student Technology Assistant (STA) Program is also available for students at the library help desk. The program provides training and/or assistance to students who use technology within their assignments and projects. This includes assistance with Turnitin, Google applications, PBworks, Word Press, Prezi, Mindomo and MS office. STAs are available during the library open hours at the help desk. STA workshops for students will be held upon request (must be a group of five or more). To request a workshop, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information call t: +20.2.2615.3728 or email email@example.com.