CLT Film Studio
Through an ASHA grant, The Center for Learning and Teaching (CLT) has established a general video production studio that is planned to serve AUC faculty members working on developing high quality video and audio for instructional purposes; specifically for blended and online courses. The production of these videos is expected to enrich instructional modules offered online. The studio is housed within the Library Building ground level G040 and is managed and operated by CLT.
The studio is intended to be used only by AUC faculty members who are collaborating with CLT on creating video content for online and blended courses. CLT will provide instructional and pedagogical support throughout the planning, filming, pre and post production phases. The use of the studio is free of charge and studio time cannot be rented for a fee.
- The studio is reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis with a minimum of 48 hours notice in advance. To make arrangements, please click here or on 'Reserve CLT Studio' in the left menu. Only faculty members engaged in creating content for blended and online courses can arrange for the use of the studio.
- Faculty members are required to meet with CLT and commit to an agreed upon production schedule. A form will be made available for each project. Failure to adhere to the production schedule may result in a delay in project timeline and completion. Upon clicking on 'Reserve CLT Studio', a CLT member will contact you for a consultation and arrangements for recording.
- Faculty members may enlist the help of students after approval from CLT, but these students and their actions will be the responsibility of the faculty member and they must be accompanied at all times by the faculty member. Students accompanying faculty members must respect the space and use the facilities responsibly.
- Studio equipment is of very high financial value, hence faculty members and anyone accompanying them must respect the space and use the facilities responsibly.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the studio premises.
- Production hours are from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm Sunday through Thursday, except for official days off. After hour use of the studio may only be arranged after the approval of CLT and provided that the resources permit. Overtime hours for CLT personnel will be covered by the requesting department.
- The maximum permitted occupancy of the CLT Film Studio is two people in front of the camera (five people if the requesting department will pay for three camera men).
- Equipment in the recording studio is not available for checkout and may only be used within the recording studio premises.
- The Center for Learning and Teaching will co-own, with the author, copyright of all material created in the CLT Film Studio.