Lecture Capture (Panopto)
During the spring semester of 2009, CLT piloted lecture capture technology using the Panopto lecture capture system. The Panopto lecture capture system automatically records audio with or without video, as well as any content from presentations. It also makes recordings available for playback in a digital format using any web browser, as well as audio and video podcasts, with the recorded audio or video in-sync with visual content.
In spring 2011, CLT integrated Panopto with the AUC Blackboard system to provide a single point of access for faculty members and students.
How to record and post your lecture online:
- Provision your course from within Blackboard.
Not Using Blackboard
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting a creator account for Panopto.
- Download and install the Panopto Recorder.
- Record your lecture. Use the Panopto Recorder to make your recordings anywhere and anytime.
- Upload your recording. A click of a button and your lecture gets automatically uploaded, packaged, and posted online.
- Share your recording. You will get an email with a link to your recording. Use Blackboard to post it for your students.
Bring your laptop to CLT and take a 20-minute installation/training session on how to use lecture capture.
Prefer your office? Make an appointment with firstname.lastname@example.org for a trainer to meet you there.