ROLES OF THE REVIEW PANELS
This committee consists of five faculty members (three primary members and two alternates). The chair forms the committee and is responsible for uploading their names to the online system.
- As funding of grants is competitive, DRC will evaluate applications according to the provided evaluation criteria. These criteria can be found here.
- Each primary member of the DRC is responsible for reviewing the proposal. Not reviewing a proposal is equivalent to a rejection decision.
- The evaluation of the proposal will be based on the originality, intrinsic merit and methodology of the research; the suitability of the research objectives and plan; the strength of the preliminary data; the probability of success, and the budget requested (more detailed evaluation sheet and rubrics are on the online application system).
- Once the primary reviewers submit their reviews, the system will rank the proposals.
- If a primary reviewer submits a proposal, the system will not allow him to review his own proposal and another reviewer from the alternates reviewers will replace him.
- The dean receives, considers and evaluates all proposals (approved and rejected).
- He or she selects the proposals to be funded based on his or her evaluation and the DRC's evaluations.
- The dean sends his or her recommendation to the vice provost for research through the intermural grants online systems. If the dean’s and DRC’s decisions diverge, the application is automatically routed to AUC University Research Board for a final evaluation.
- The URB receives and evaluates the proposals that have diverging recommedations from the DRCs and the deans.
- It receives and evaluates the chairs' and the associate deans' grants proposals.
Click here to visit the URB webpage.
- The VPR receives and considers the documentation submitted by all reviewing panels.
- The VPR selects the proposals to be funded based on both the evaluation and ranking of the proposals and the availability of fund. The VPR’s decision is final.
- The VPR ensures compliance with University policies for internal grants.