The Bernard and Lisa Selz Endowed Fellowship in Egyptology
The Bernard and Lisa Selz Endowed Fellowship in Egyptology at The American University in Cairo (AUC) offers a rare opportunity for full academic and partial living expenses funding for eligible students applying to the MA degree. The MA program in Egyptology has three tracks, Archeology and Art, Language and Religion, and Coptology. The program takes full advantage of being located in Egypt where students can visit and study the monuments in context, as well as gain practical experience in their chosen field.
- Open to all nationalities
- Full admission to the master program in Egyptology/Coptology
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements to the master program in Egyptology/Coptology
- Bachelor degree with a minimum overall grade point average GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Demonstrated or potential academic qualifications, professional experience
Two semesters, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
Fellows are assigned a maximum of 10 hours per week of related academic work with faculty members. By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships click here
Deadline: October 15 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, send an email