Egyptian Public Schools Scholarships
Egyptian Public School Scholarship Fund (PSSF)
AUC launched the Public School Scholarship Fund (PSSF) in 1990 to expand opportunities to academically outstanding and financially disadvantaged students. The selection of finalists is based on high academic achievement, need and geographic diversity. Supported by both individuals and corporations, the PSSF has graduated more than 280 students who attended public schools and who have demonstrated exceptional academic potential while at AUC.
Today, over 100 PSSF recipients are enrolled at AUC; over 30 of them are supported by individual and corporate donors, while the remaining students are awarded scholarships funded by AUC.
- Apply for admission at AUC before the assigned deadline for the Fall and Spring semesters. For deadline and other details, refer to this link
- Be Egyptian students graduating from public schools (not including language schools), Experimental, STEM and Nile schools
- Have an outstanding secondary school academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Meet AUC admission requirements
To maintain the scholarship, selected students have to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Public School Scholarship Fund for Academic Year 2020 - 2021
The eligibility criteria for the public school scholarship offered by The American University in Cairo for the academic year 2020 - 2021 are as follows:
1. Holders of the following certificates in the academic year 2019 - 2020
- Thanawiya Amma certificates from public and experimental schools in the Arab Republic of Egypt (not including language schools)
- STEM certificates
- EICE certificate "for the graduates of the Nile school"
2. Students must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 and a writing score of 5.5 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 62 and writing score of 17
*Tests must be completed no more than two years prior to the first day of the term for which applicants are applying.
*Students who do not complete the required documents will be permanently disqualified from the scholarship.
The application will be available by February 1, 2020
Deadline for Fall 2020: March 1, 2020