For almost 100 years, students from around the globe have chosen to study at the American University in Cairo. Currently, AUC has more than 60 countries represented on both campuses. As one of the region's leading liberal arts institutions, AUC enjoys a variety of internationally-accredited disciplines and programs instructed in English by highly selected qualified faculty members. On a local, regional and global level, AUC’s academic reputation highly ranked and widely recognized.
To ensure a smooth transition to Egypt, AUC provides counseling and medical services, 24-hour security and safeguarding and a positive and inclusive residential life. Studying at AUC will offer students a unique opportunity at the heart of the Middle East, enjoying both a historical and cosmopolitan space that has a longstanding tradition of bringing the best of all worlds.
AUC is recognized by many U.S. colleges as an approved overseas study site for their students and has formal agreements with many institutions. The maximum duration for a study-abroad program is two semesters and a summer session. Study-abroad students are not limited to set list of courses, but can choose from the general lists of courses. Because AUC is accredited in the United States as well as in Egypt, American students are usually able to transfer AUC credits to their home institutions.
77% employment rate for AUC graduates within first year of graduation.
- Encourages students to think critically and examine their role in the world
- Promotes responsible citizenship and collaborative solutions to resolve local, regional and global issues
- Interdisciplinary study
- Hands-on curricula and a strong culture of service
- Learning-by-doing approach, engaging students in society and the world around them
- Diverse extracurricular activities
- Community-based initiatives
- Cross-cultural environment