The need for evidence-based decision making is becoming more pressing every day. Driven by the current economic and political changes, institutions face daily administrative, planning and budgeting challenges that require creative and wise decisions supported by information. This is where a business intelligence solution comes in handy.
Business Intelligence (BI) helps an institution track its KPI's and consequently improve its processes, ranking and helps provide evidences of compliance with accreditation standards.
What is Business Intelligence (BI) at AUC?
The Business Intelligence (BI) solution at AUC aims at providing insights and availing data to the business users through highly visual dashboards and advanced analytics features. The main objectives of the system are:
- A subject-oriented data warehouse that enables smooth information and knowledge extraction
- Easy to use dashboards and reporting solution
- Advanced analytics through machine learning and data mining to provide a new level of insight into data
AUC has been investing in state-of-the-art ERP systems to guarantee that student, faculty and staff data is stored in a well-structured format. Yet, leveraging this data to generate insights has constantly been sidetracked due to the following factors which, combined, paved the way for inconsistencies, redundancies and many different versions of the truth:
- Data is scattered in separate data silos
- Integration across diversified systems poses a major challenge
- Limited view of AUC’s existing data as a complete whole
- Ambiguous data governance rules, data definitions and best practice business processes to regulate data standardization and cleanliness
- Immature culture of data sharing, transparency and evidence-based decision making
- Missing key data elements needed to provide a holistic view of students, faculty and staff
AUC’s data is an enterprise-wide asset that should be readily available for analysis. AUC should be able to use the large masses of data collected over the years to uncover the hidden patterns and extract useful information and knowledge. This will support evidence-based decision making and informed actions
How You Can Be Part of This Change
If your role at AUC involves data entry, make sure you follow the standards and conventions. Always strive to have your data incorporated within the official AUC information systems rather than manual excel book-keeping.
If your role at AUC involves decision making, always question how data can support your decision and do not hesitate to contact Business Intelligence (BI) team at Data Analytics and Institutional Research (DAIR)
BI-DAIR@aucegypt.edu for consultancy on possible data and information sources.
|AUC tuition in comparison to other Universities tuition||Tuition comparison data is now available in the trends dashboard|
|Release of human resources data||The first human resources dashboard has been released for users acceptance|
|Cash balances monitoring on a weekly basis||The cash position dashboard has been released for users acceptance|
*This content is best viewed on desktop.