Course Transfer and Evaluation-Summer Program
During the summer study-abroad program, you must enroll in two to three courses per semester at the host university. All credits earned at the host university will transfer back to The American University in Cairo (AUC) after following the below guidelines:
How to get study-abroad or exchange courses approved for transfer to AUC?
- Select the planned courses at the host institution for the desired semester(s)/session.
- Sign up for an appointment with the associate registrar for transfer credit affairs in the office of the registrar, located in the administration building, room P049. Click here to submit the course description and schedule for all the selected courses printed directly from the host institution's website.
- Before scheduling an appointment with the registrar's office, carefully read the transfer guidelines.
- Before leaving the host university, ensure to request an official copy of your transcript.
- The registrar's office does not accept official transcripts directly sent from students.
- All the courses you take while abroad will appear on your AUC transcript. Only grades of "C" or above will be counted as earned credit. Courses graded "C-" or below will show on your AUC transcript but will not be transferred back to AUC. Your grade point average will not be affected by the grades you receive during your semester abroad.