The American University in Cairo seeks students who have distinguished themselves in a meaningful way and who show considerable academic performance. The University also considers applicants’ personal achievements outside the classroom, as demonstrated by sustained participation, commitment and leadership in school and community activities.
To qualify for admission, applicants must complete all secondary school graduation requirements, maintain a high level of academic performance and submit all required documents before the set deadlines. Having the minimum academic requirements does not guarantee admission to the University, but rather ensures entry to the selection process.
- Undergraduate: 5,474
- Graduate: 979
- Continuing Education: 22,447
- Students come from more than 50 countries
- 56 student-run clubs and organizations
- Around 800 students in community service clubs
- Approximately $24 million awarded in scholarships and financial aid
- 70% employment rate for alumni within first year of graduation
798 students in community-service clubs.