The Simpson Scholarship in Egyptology is up to $10,000 award for one semester to be used toward tuition or AUC housing. The scholarship is designed for study abroad students who wish to increase their knowledge and familiarity with ancient Egypt at The American University in Cairo. The scholarship was established in 2003 to support two to four annual scholarships for junior or senior undergraduates enrolled in the year abroad program in Egyptology at AUC based on their academic achievement.
- The student must be enrolled in at least three Egyptology courses at AUC
- The student must be a full time undergraduate student enrolled at a U.S. university
- The student must be registered for at least 12 credits at AUC
Herman Eilts Scholarship is an award for one semester of up to $10,000 offered to non-degree students to be used toward tuition or AUC housing. The scholarship was established in 2007 to cover the expenses of undergraduates enrolled in colleges and universities in the United States who have an interest in pursuing Middle East studies, political science or history at AUC for one semester or a year.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2
- Enrolled in a minimum of four courses at AUC during the semester of the award, at least one in the field of political science or Middle East studies
- The student must be an undergraduate student enrolled at a U.S. university