تجاوز إلى المحتوى الرئيسي
Mail Pouch Service Process
Mail from Cairo to the USA
- An announcement is sent through the community engagement email to alert faculty about the date of each pouch.
- A mail pouch is sent from Cairo to the USA twice a month, every other Tuesday. Only flat letters and documents can be sent, no books or other packages.
- All items must carry the correct domestic US postage. “Forever” stamps for US postage are available in the faculty lounge, room 1002. All items must also carry a return address in the US, not in Egypt. If you do not have a US address to use for this purpose, use the address of AUC’s New York office: American University in Cairo, One, Rockefeller Plaza, Tenth Floor, New York, NY 10020
- The mail pouch is delivered to the New York office, where the staff puts the items directly into the US mail.
Mail from the USA to Cairo
- Only books, letters, journals, and magazines can be sent through this service, no other packages.
- Faculty should have their US sources send their items to: American University in Cairo, 1321 Upland Dr., no. 9009, Houston, TX 77043 USA. “American University in Cairo” must appear in the address; otherwise the item will be returned to the sender.
- Receiving letters: A FedEx courier picks up all letters from the Houston warehouse every ten days and ships them to Cairo. When the shipment arrives at the faculty lounge, an email is sent to everyone who has received letters.
- Receiving books: The office arranges for one book shipment at the end of every month. There is a lengthy procedure for customs clearance, including censorship approval. As soon as the shipment is cleared and delivered to campus, the Community Engagement Office sends an email to everyone who has received books in that shipment.