Admission Requirements and Deadlines
Admission Requirements for ALIN, ALID, and ALIS programs:
To apply to any program, you must complete the following:
- Fill in and submit the application form. There is no required application fee
- Submit a recommendation letter
- Submit a detailed medical statement indicating that they are in good health and are physically and mentally fit to undertake a period of study in Egypt
- Once accepted, students, unless complete beginners, need to take the placement test
Important Note: Since places in the program are limited and admission is on a rolling basis, it is advisable that you complete the application and arrange to have a recommendation letter sent to the appropriate AUC's admissions email address before the deadline.
All applications credentials should be sent to:
Office of Enrollment, Admissions, and Student Service Center
AUC Avenue, P.O. Box 74
New Cairo 11835, Egypt
General information about the actual exam:
- The online entrance test is simple to get through.
- We assume that the applicant taking the online test has a basic familiarity with computers and is comfortable with the use of a keyboard and mouse.
- The Arabic placement is a proficiency-based exam aimed at identifying your level of proficiency in Modern Standard Arabic.
- The exam tests for high elementary and intermediate levels. Hence you are not expected to complete all questions. You are encouraged to attempt to answer as many questions as you can. If you do not know the answer to any of the questions, do not guess. Submitting answers of which you are quite sure will help us place you at the appropriate level.
- Do not attempt to take this exam if you have not studied Arabic before.
- The estimated time for the actual exam sections is three hours.
- We urge you not to leave any of the exam sections/pages idle for more than 20 minutes (e.g. move to the next or previous page), otherwise, the exam will automatically terminate.
- Once you click on submit your answers on the last page of the exam, you will not be able to go back to make any changes.
- After the three-hour exam period, the exam will automatically end.
- To start the exam, have your username and password (sent to you by ALI) ready.
- Further detailed information will be sent to you by the ALI. Make sure that you read the instructions carefully before you start the exam.
The actual exam sections:
Section 1: Vocabulary and Structure
Answer the 50 multiple-choice questions.
Section 2: Reading Comprehension
Answer the multiple-choice questions about the two reading passages.
Section 3: Listening
Listen to the audio text, then answer the multiple-choice questions.
Section 4: Writing an Essay
You will be given different topics and asked to write an essay on only one (not less than 250 words). The essay should be handwritten.
Before you start working on your placement exam, it is advisable to work on the sample exam. The sample exam is good practice, as it will familiarize you with the type of questions on the actual placement exam. Thus, feel free to answer, review as much as you can, and make any changes while answering the sample exam.
For more information, email us at email@example.com.