The application process for the 2017-2018 program is due January 28, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST.
Application due January 28, 2018
Skype interviews for short-listed candidates Mid- to Late February
Final notification March 1
Intern arrival in Cairo Late August 2018
Work start day Early September 2018
• Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Applicants must be graduating from an undergraduate degree program during the 2017-18 academic year (Fall/Winter 2017 to Spring/Summer 2018)
2) Applicant should also send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A personal statement explaining the applicant’s interest in the Presidential Internship Program and describing any special skills, talents, or experiences that qualify the candidate for the presidential intern position and that enable him or her to contribute to the AUC community as a whole. The applicant may also briefly discuss their interest or prior experience in Egypt, the Middle East, and Arabic, if applicable. Limit 500 words.
- A cover letter addressed to the Intern Selection Committee including an explanation of the skills and experiences that qualify the applicant for one or (at most) two offices. The job descriptions listed in the “Available Offices” webpage will allow applicants to determine where their qualifications best align with the needs of the university. Limit 500 words.
- A current resume or CV.
- Two letters of recommendation submitted directly by the recommenders to email@example.com. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the application deadline on January 28, 2018.
The Intern Selection Committee will use the cover letters and other application materials to match qualified applicants to the office that best aligns best with their interests, experience and skills. Each office will then interview short-listed candidates over Skype before final decisions are communicated in late February or early March.
Note: Past interns have arrived with vast ranges of Arabic knowledge — from near fluency to complete beginners. Though previous study of Arabic is useful in navigating Cairo, it is not required and a lack of Arabic language experience will not hurt your chances.