Futurize Your Course Competition
Imagine teaching your course after 20 years. What will change during that time? What will you be teaching? How will you be teaching it? How will society differ? How might higher education change? How will our learners change? How will the working life be? What kind of technology will overtake the world? What kind of global challenges will young people be grappling with? How will these changes affect your discipline's purpose, meaning, and practice of teaching and learning?
The world today is dynamically growing and developing. If you are interested in reimagining what your course might look like in 20 years, we invite you to join and participate in The Research and Creativity Convention (RCC) 2023: Futurize Your Course Pitch Competition at The American University in Cairo (AUC).
Prizes and Awards
Submissions will be pitched to a panel of internal and external judges. The top three winning teams will receive cash prizes as follows:
- First place: EGP 30,000
- Second place: EGP 20,000
- Third place: EGP 10,000
Winning teams might also be eligible to receive support in prototyping and testing features of their reimagined and redesigned courses.
- The potential value or importance of the redesigned course that it offers students and society
- The creativity and innovation found in the redesigned course
- The realism or feasibility of the redesigned course
- The research and preparation put into designing the course
- A team of four members. The team must have at least one faculty member and one student. Optional members can be faculty, staff directly involved in teaching and learning, students, or teaching assistants.
- All members must be affiliated with The American University in Cairo (AUC) and led by at least one participating full-time AUC faculty member.
- Teams can be interdisciplinary.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance if they participate in at least two of the kick-off and workshop sessions, regardless of receiving a prize for the final submission.
The committee will work with all applicants through several workshops and ideation sessions to create a community of innovators and developers. These online/hybrid sessions will explore techniques and strategies to facilitate the design process.
To enhance innovative ideas, applicants will have the opportunity to participate in the following workshops and events:
- Imagining the Future Together (asynchronous/online)
- Discussion of Submissions and Preparing a Pitch (asynchronous/online)
- What Makes a Good Course? What Makes a Good Presentation/Pitch? (asynchronous/online)
- Virtual reading and discussion community #FuturizeAUC (ongoing)
For further questions, contact Aliaa Hamad, committee chair by email at email@example.com.