Outside Assistance for American Students

American students may be able to obtain outside support for work at AUC from the following sources:

  • Rotary Foundation International Scholarships for one year of undergraduate, or language study. Contact: student’s local Rotary Club or Rotary Foundation of Rotary International, 1 Rotary Center, 1560 Sherman Avenue, Evanston, Illinois 60201. (http://www.rotary.org)
  • Veterans Administration educational benefits are applicable to undergraduate degree study at AUC. U.S. veterans should contact their regional office of the Veterans Administration. Written approval of benefits from the Veterans Administration should be obtained prior to coming to Cairo. (http://www.va.gov)
  • Federal Stafford Loans can be used by U.S. citizens or permanent residents for undergraduate degree study or to earn a certificate in Arabic language (at least one year of intensive study). Pell grants are not applicable. Degree and certificate students must obtain instructions from the AUC New York Office (e-mail: diskaros@aucnyo.edu). Study abroad students may apply to their home university’s financial aid office for campus-based aid and/ or student loans to be used while they are enrolled at AUC.