Last updated on July 6, 2020
Based on its agreement with USAID, The American University in Cairo is completely responsible for the selection process from receiving applications to announcing the names of the awardees. Accordingly, AUC developed recruitment and selection procedures, criteria and rubrics for the selection process and placed advertisements in Egyptian newspapers. The selection procedures were reviewed by the joint committee before proceeding.
Applicants must have:
- A thanaweya amma certificate from a public school.
- 85 percent or more in both second and third secondary school exams.
- English as a first foreign language in which they must achieve a score of 90 percent in both second and third secondary school exams.
- Participation in certified extracurricular activities.
To apply to the LEAD program:
- LEAD 2011 Advertisment
- Application for financial aid
- LEAD application 2011
- Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about applying to the LEAD program, contact LEAD at 20.2.2615.4742/3878, or email@example.com