SAP Developer Analyst, University Information Systems (50017804)
Reports to: University Information System Director
Purpose: To be responsible for the development of technical specifications, designing solutions, ABAP development, testing in the SAP modules, developing custom reports, IDOC interfaces and user exits as well as working in the areas of table creation, enhancements, screens, menus, and dialog programming. Responsible for successfully developing test plans and test scenarios for unit testing and participation in all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Gather business and user requirements
- Perform system design to meet requirements
- Coordinate technical implementation
- Develop ABAP programs per functional requirements
- Debug FI, CO, FM, MM, PS, TM, PY and HR ABAP programs
- Prepare and execute test scripts and test cases.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, especially around ABAP based programs
- Explain technical issues and solutions to non-technical staff
- Write project documentation
- Minimum education requirement: A University Degree preferably in Computer Science
- Certified SAP ABAP (Preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing ABAP programs for HCM, FI and/or MM.
- SQL and Database Skills.
- Process analysis, design, mapping, and re-engineering.
- Process/software gap analysis and resolution.
- Creating and executing test cases and test scripts for SAP R/3 implementations.
- Forms (Smartforms, SapScript, HR Forms)
- Reporting Tools (ALV, Queries) n FICO HCM MM SD Business Modules
- ABAP HR (HRFORMS, LogicalDB. Infotypes)
- Dialog Programming (Screens, Menus)
- Interfaces (ALE/EDI Configuration and development, IDOCS, BAPi’s)
- Conversions Migration of Master Data (via BDC, LSMW)
- Enhancements (User Exits, Customer Exits, Screen Exits, Badi)
- Modification of standard and customized programs, reports, screens
- Thorough and concise documentation and task management
- Development and modification of reports using ABAP in Queries
- ASAP methodology (ABAPer's role in SAP implementation life cycle and in customization and development)
- Programming guidelines and performance tuning (including SQL trace tool and runtime analysis, code inspector etc.)
- Understanding Functional specification and designing technical specification
- Ability to demonstrate analytical/critical thinking.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Possesses strong writing, communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Ability to make decisions and actions influencing own work and that of team members
Position is open until July 15, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50017804 SAP Developer Analyst” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.