Patent/Licensing/Transfer Expertise for Faculty and Researchers
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) works with the University's researchers and inventors to accelerate the process of bringing their developed technologies to the community. We are dedicated to identifying research with a potential commercial interest and developing strategies for how to exploit it.
We support research at all stages and help establish a connection between companies and the commercialization of intellectual property. The TTO will set up protection strategies for your research and promote development all the way through successful commercialization. Not only that, but the TTO helps the community gain access to these cutting edge technologies quickly and conveniently to the market while maintaining the University's strategic vision.
If you are a faculty member, researcher, post-doc, or grad student who:
- Has an invention or discovery you would like to patent?
- Wants to start your own company to develop your AUC research results?
- Needs to transfer research materials into or out of AUC for your research?
- Has questions about your IP rights as an inventor?
Feel free to reach out to us through our email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our office in room 2045 in the School of Science and Engineering.
Are you an industry partner looking to license AUC technology or collaborate with AUC researchers?
Send us an email at email@example.com or visit our office in room 2045 in the School of Science and Engineering.
Our Mission is to transfer AUC technologies and innovations to benefit the global public. We strive to maximize the impact of these innovations, breakthroughs and discoveries through licensing to companies or spin-outs while generating revenue to support research and attract and retain world-class faculty and researchers.
- Managing and protecting your Intellectual property (IP) rights, and the IP rights of the University
- Acting as the link between the University and industry, fostering collaboration, confidence and trust
- Raising awareness and publicizing innovative technologies developed at AUC
- Evaluating patentable ideas and assessing their commercial value
- Advising and developing IP management policies, strategy, and procedures on campus and technology commercialization related aspects
- Monitoring licenses and other intellectual property agreements and distribution of resulting income
- Licensing AUC IP to companies or entrepreneurial teams with a high potential for successfully commercialize
- Working with other AUC offices in copyright, trademark, and research funding agreements
Our Statistics - FY 2020
New Patents Filed
Issued US Patents