Start-Up Process for Researchers
Last updated on June 29, 2020
Start-Up Application and Feasibility
To initiate the start-up process researchers and entrepreneurs should complete the start-up application.
The start-up application includes entrepreneur information, a description of the start-up business concept, and an initial feasibility study.
Questions to answer as part of the initial feasibility study include the following:
- What is the business concept you wish to pursue through a start-up enterprise?
- What are the technology/technologies you are seeking to license and your role (if any) in developing the technology/technologies?
- What are the commercial markets in which the start-up company will operate, the customers that the company's products or services are intended to serve and the competitors currently operating in this market?
- What are the critical development milestones and targeted completion dates?
- How much financial capital is necessary to achieve critical development milestones?