Program Coordinator I, PPAD Hub - The Public Policy Hub Grant, PPAD (Grant Position) (50030907)
Reports to: Program Manager, PPAD Hub
Purpose: The holder of this position will assist the management of the project through providing a processing unit or hub where policy teams are formed on a regular basis, combining experienced policy scholars/mentors with young creative policy analysts, provide them with the needed resources, training, exposure, space, tools, networks, knowledge and contacts to enable them to come up with sound, rigorous and yet creative policy solutions that have a greater potential to be effectively advocated and communicated to the relevant policy makers and to the general public..
- Coordinates HUB's training activities including participant's selection, recruiting instructors, training design, training logistics and training evaluation.
- Coordinates HUB's research activities including data collection, evaluation and analysis for a policy research project.
- Assist in evaluating HUB activities for effectiveness to develop improved methods; devises evaluation methodology and implements; analyzes results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action.
- Prepares periodic reports, financial statements and records on HUB activities, progress, status or other special reports for management.
- Designs, develops and recommends new activities relating to HUB research and policy development.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals for funding of new or continuous projects.
- Books and schedules facility and services for HUB projects/events; negotiates and prepares rental contract determining fees and terms of contract; estimates costs and determines project/event budgets.
- Assist in writing communication and promotional literature for distribution such as website, newsletter, brochures or flyers and coordinates printing and distribution.
- Assist in recruiting HUB participants and members utilizing most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures or presentations at meetings.
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles; including budget preparation and forecasting.
- Knowledge of organizational practices.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and activities of self and others.
- Expert user of MS Office, Internet...etc.
- Previous experience of SAP is a plus.
Position is open until June 29, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50030907 Program Coordinator I, PPAD Hub” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.