Officer, IT Security, University Technology Infrastructure (10001701)
Reports to: Senior IT Security Officer
Purpose: The job holder would be responsible for keeping AUC IT resources safe and secure by administering IT security systems.
- Supporting and maintaining IT Security systems such as Firewalls, VPN, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, ADC, …, etc.
- Implement and maintain security and compliance requirements advised from Information Security Office
- Report relevant violations as well as operational exceptions to Information Security Office
- Participate in incident response as needed
- Troubleshoot and solve IT security operational problems
- Evaluating new technologies and provide input with regards to purchasing decisions
- Handle daily related change and release requests
- Configuring needed fine tuning to the IT security systems
- Work closely with infrastructure and application teams in all technical/security related issues
Computer engineering /science graduate or equivalent.
Minimum five year experience in the IT security field in an organization on a similar scale as AUC.
- Good knowledge of networking and programming concepts
- Real hands-on experience with IT security solutions installation and tuning
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the IT security concepts and mechanisms of defense
- Good ethical hacking skills
- Good knowledge of all variants of operating systems and common business applications
- Holding IT security certifications (preferable)
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of English language
Position is open until July 9, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10001701 Officer, IT Security” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.