- Don't carry your credit card, travel tickets, and money together - leave spare cash and valuables in a safe place.
- Don't carry your passport unless absolutely necessary but keep a copy with residence stamp only.
- Leave a copy of your documents with family or friends at home.
- Don't use ATMs at quiet and dark places.
- Avoid showing large sums of money in public.
- Keep a close eye on your personal belongings and hold onto them in public places such as internet cafes, train and bus station.
Avoid using public microbuses for travel in and around Cairo. These vehicles are unregulated.