Mental Health Wellness Taskforce
The President appointed the AUC Community Mental Health Wellness Task Force in August 2022 to:
- Identify the key mental health and well-being issues affecting students, faculty, and staff at the University and how these have been particularly exacerbated by the pandemic.
- Recommend measures to address these issues and future directions for maintaining a healthy campus.
- Explore and identify the key findings of previous task forces, committees and survey results conducted by AUC prior and during the pandemic
- Engage with AUC community members as stakeholders to identify thoughts and needs regarding mental health and well-being on campus
- Assess mental health and wellbeing policies, practices and services in the AUC community benchmarked with international and local standards
- Recommend specific actions to overcome stigma of mental issues and to improve the mental health and wellbeing on campus through education and mental health promotion and systemic changes where possible to create a healthier and more inclusive learning and working environment at the university
- Ghada El Shimi, Dean of ALA and Undergraduate Students
- Firas Al-Atraqchi, Chair, Journalism and Mass Comm
- Hoda Mostafa, Director of CLT
- Michelle Henry, Interim Dean of Students
- Sunanda Holmes, Vice President and General Counsel
For ideas, suggestions or questions to the Mental Health and Wellness Task Force, send an email to Michelle Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org.