Story Ideas and Announcement Submissions
Looking to get your latest office or department news publicized? Reach out to the Content Unit, where AUC’s news-focused content creators are proactively sharing breaking campus news and noteworthy information on a daily basis. Our team of professional writers craft compelling articles and news pieces every day, covering diverse topics on campus to keep the AUC community informed and engaged.
Highlight your unique stories, acheivements, initiatives and events in our widely circulated print and digital publications, and ensure they reach your audience quickly, efficiently and skillfully written.
Our News Channels
NewsAtAUC is the University’s e-newsletter and primary source of news and information for students, faculty, staff and alumni. It includes important University news and updates and highlights community achievements and research, both on and off campus.
The Daily Bulletin, sent out by NewsAtAUC, contains essential deadlines; news; achievements; school, departmental and community updates; and other relevant anouncements.
AUCToday is the University’s biannual magazine, featuring AUC’s student success stories, alumni around the world making an impact, accomplishments in academia and breakthroughs in research.
HappeningAtAUC newsletter is the University community’s ultimate guide to AUC events happening on campus and online.
Story Guidelines for NewsAtAUC
- The main stories that appear in the NewsAtAUC newsletter are chosen by the editorial board in the Office of Marketing Communication and Public Affairs.
- Any office or department may suggest a story, but all final decisions on the story, including when it is published, are made by the editorial board. NewsAtAUC retains the right to not run a story at any time.
- NewsAtAUC stories are accompanied by pictures. The pictures should be horizontal, if possible, and should be of high quality.
Announcement Guidelines for the Daily Bulletin
- Announcements are deadlines, news, updates and achievements that are relevant to the AUC community.
- Any event taking place is NOT considered an announcement and should be submitted through AUC Connect.
- Announcements will appear in the Daily Bulletin within five working days since submission, as long as all the information needed is provided.
- Announcements fall into three categories: News You Can Use, #MakingAUCProud and Deadlines Not to Miss. Announcements are subject to editorial board review to determine if they fit those categories.
- #MakingAUCProud: Accomplishments such as awards, national and international recognitions, and major milestones
- News You Can Use: News and updates
- Deadlines Not to Miss: Application and registration deadlines
- Items that are not classified as announcements are: speaking in a webinar, participating in a conference or workshop, publishing a journal article, giving a lecture, courses for students.
- Announcements may be posted until a deadline comes into effect.
- Some offices and departments request that announcements reappear in the Bulletin. The editorial board determines how often and when announcements will be posted.
- Announcements appear on the University website. They must be in paragraph form, written in a professional manner and must abide by the University's Editorial Style Guide. The announcement title cannot include acronyms and must be short and to the point. The announcement body must include all relevant information, including links where needed and photos.