Procedures for Departing Faculty
AUC tenants will advise the Office of Faculty Housing, at the earliest possible opportunity, of any intention to vacate University housing, with no less than two months written notice of the date on which they will vacate the premises.
Prior to the departure of AUC tenants, the following procedures are taken:
- The AUC tenant should settle any outstanding payments for ADSL, mobile, international calls.
- In the last month of tenancy, the amount of the rent will be prorated
- Upon vacating the housing apartment, the tenant name will be moved automatically from any Housing waiting list for the residents in the faculty housing to the waiting list of the non-residents in the faculty housing (priority is given to the residents)
- If the AUC tenant decides to sell any of his/her used items to anyone and would leave this item to be picked up after departure from AUC housing, the housing office should be notified via email stating in the email the item, name of the purchaser and his/her contacts. In addition, the name of the purchaser should be written on the item. The faculty housing will not be responsible for any items left in the AUC housing without any notification
- If the departing faculty member has not subscribed to the ADSL through the housing office he/she must cancel the ADSL service, settle all bills and hand over the splitter and router or modem to the ADSL provider (if rented) before departing. The Housing Office must be notified of the cancelation number by sending the cancelation number by email to Housing@aucegypt.edu.
- The AUC tenant will contact the Office of Faculty Housing to set an appointment for inspecting the AUC housing and the check-out inventory list of assets and materials
AUC tenants will be responsible for all costs and charges as determined by the AUC estimated cost. AUC will bill the AUC tenant or may deduct any such amounts from compensation due to the AUC tenants in the following cases:
Damages or losses in inventory items
Damage that required excessive/substantial cleaning revealed in the check-out inspection
Damage to University housing resulting from a violation of any AUC rules
- After inspection and check-out inventory are performed, the Office of Faculty Housing representative will receive a copy of the main door key. In the case of AUC New Cairo faculty housing apartments, AUC ID access to the apartment must be deactivated at the time of inspection
- The Office of Faculty Housing representative will sign the clearance of the departing AUC tenant on the date of inspection
All main door keys should be left in the apartment when the AUC tenant departs. In the case of AUC New Cairo housing, all key cards should be handed to the building housekeeping on the date of departure