Back to the Future: A Journey Through Egyptian Art and Architecture
Discover your inner architect this summer!
From the ancient to the modern, this boot camp will take you on a guided tour of Egyptian art and architecture. You will utilize 2D and 3D modeling, coloring and freehand sketching to enhance your design thinking and sketching abilities. You will learn to think in three dimensions to create finished pieces from scratch. In this boot camp, you will examine the artistic and architectural products of different Egyptian civilization eras and their influence on each other. Work with your team toward a final mini-exhibition, and advance your talents as a young architect.
- Identify the basic arts and architecture of different Egyptian civilization eras by identifying famous buildings/works of art belonging to different cultures.
- Compare artistic and architectural products of different Egyptian civilization eras and decipher their influences on each other and on their own inventions.
- See, read and understand a building or a piece of art and transfer these seen objects, be it art or architecture, by freehand sketches and 3D models.
- Present the results of individual work and teamwork, formulate personal opinions, discuss and debate topics about architecture and art.
Duration and Location
- One-week: July 31 - August 4, 2022
- Sessions will run daily from 9 am to 3 pm
- AUC New Cairo campus
- Fridays and Saturdays off
- EGP 2,500 (price includes materials needed)
- 10% discount offered for siblings
Who Can Apply?
Students aged 13+ years.
All the boot camp participants will receive a certificate of participation from AUC.
The AUC bus service is available for extra fees. Details on the schedule will be shared before the program's start date.
Note that only vaccinated students are allowed to use the bus service.
Accommodation is offered at the University residences.
About the Instructors
Heba Safey Eldeen
Heba Safey Eldeen is a professor of architecture and design at AUC and Misr International University (MIU). She is the director of the Architecture and Children Work program at the International Union of Architects and director of the House of Egyptian Architecture of the Ministry of Culture’s Cultural Development Fund. Among other activities, she organizes workshops, campaigns, training courses and awards for schools, institutions and individuals who help children and youth learn about the built environment, architecture, design, history, heritage and sustainability. Safey Eldeen is passionate about developing young architects to be.
AUC Refund Policy
A 100% refund of the program fees will be offered in the following cases. Cases should be reported at least three weeks before the program's start date.
- Course cancellation
- Medical withdrawal
- Visa denial