Yousra Alkabani received both her BSc and MSc in electrical and computer engineering from Ain Shams University in 2003 and 2006, respectively. In 2010, she received her PhD in computer science from Rice University, Houston, TX.
Professor Alkabani has been working in the Computer and Systems Engineering department, Ain Shams University, as an assistant professor since 2011. During 2011, she has been a visiting researcher in a multinational company where she worked on the estimation of the power consumption of circuits on FPGAs. In 2012, she worked as a visiting researcher in the Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center (TIEC), Egypt. During this time, Professor Alkabani worked on developing hardware design strategies to defeat hardware Trojans.
- Alanwar, A., M. A. Aboelnaga, Y. Alkabani, M. W. El-Kharashi, and H. Bedour, "Dynamic FPGA Detection and Protection of Hardware Trojan: A Comparative Analysis," Int. J. Com. Dig. Sys, 5., 2016.
- H. Xu, Y. Alkabani, R. Melhem and A. K. Jones, "FusedCache: A Naturally Inclusive, Racetrack Memory, Dual-Level Private Cache," in IEEE Transactions on Multi-Scale Computing Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, April-June 1 2016, pages 69-82.
- M. A. Ewais, M. A. Omran, A. Raafat and Y. Alkabani, "A virtual memory architecture to enhance STT-RAM performance as main memory," 2016 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), Vancouver, BC, 2016, pages 1-6.
- Alkabani, Y. , "Hardware Security and Split Fabrication," The 11th International Design and Test Symposium, December 18-20, 2016, Hammamet, Tunisia, pages 59-64.
- Alkabani, Y., Z. Koopmans, H. Xu, A. K. Jones, and R. Melhem, "Write Pulse Scaling for Energy Efficient STT-MRAM," ISVLSI 2016, pp. 248–253.
- M. Tarek Ibn Ziad, M. Hossam, M.A. Masoud, M. Nagy, H.A. Adel, Y. Alkabani, M.W. El-Kharashi, K. Salah, M. AbdelSalam, On kernel acceleration of electromagnetic solvers via hardware emulation, Computers & Electrical Engineering, Volume 47, October 2015, pages 96-113.
- M. Tarek Ibn Ziad, Y. Alkabani, M.W. El-Kharashi, On hardware solution of dense linear systems via Gauss-Jordan Elimination, PACRIM, pages 364-369.
- M. Tarek Ibn Ziad, A. Al-Anwar, Y. Alkabani, M.W. El-Kharashi, H. Bedour, Homomorphic Data Isolation for Hardware Trojan Protection. ISVLSI 2015, pages 131-136.
- M. Tarek Ibn Ziad, M. Hossam, M.A. Masoud, M. Nagy, H.A. Adel, Y. Alkabani, M.W. El-Kharashi, K. Salah, M. AbdelSalam, Finite element emulation-based solver for electromagnetic computations, ISCAS2015, pages 1434-1437.
- H.A.M. Amin, Y. Alkabani, G.M.I. Selim, System-level protection and hardware Trojan detection using weighted voting, Journal of Advanced Research, Volume 5, Issue 4, July 2014, Pages 499-505, ISSN 2090-1232.
- D. Magdy, Y. Alkabani and H. Bedour, Tornado: A robust adaptive foraging algorithm for swarm robots, GCIS 2013.
- Al-Anwar, Y. Alkabani, M. El-Kharashi and H. Bedour, Hardware Trojan Detection methodology for FPGA, IEEE PacRim 2013.
- Al-Anwar, Y. Alkabani, M. El-Kharashi and H. Bedour, Hardware Trojan Protection for Third Parity IPs on FPGA, Euromicro DSD 2013.
- Al-Anwar, Y.Alkabani, M. El-Kharashi, H. Bedour, Defeating Hardware Spyware in Third-Party IPs, SIECPC 2013.
- Y. Alkabani, Trojan Immune Circuits Using Duality, Euromicro DSD 2012.
- F. Koushanfar, Y. Alkabani, Provably Secure Diverse Watermarks for Sequential Circuits, HOST 2010.
- F. Koushanfar, A. Mirhoseini, Y. Alkabani, A Unified Framework for Multimodal IC Trojan Detection, IH 2010.
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, Consistency-based characterization for IC Trojan detection. In ICCAD 2009, pages 123-127.
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, M. Potkonjak, N-version temperature-aware scheduling and binding. In ISLPED 2009, pages 331-334.
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, Active Control and Digital Rights Management of Integrated Circuit IP Cores. In CASES 2008, pages 227-234.
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, N-Variant Design: Methodology and Applications. In DAC 2008, pages 546-551.
- Y. Alkabani, T. Massey, F. Koushanfar, M. Potkonjak, Input Vector Control for Post-Silicon Leakage Current Minimization in the Presence of Manufacturing Variability. In DAC 2008, pages 606-609 .
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, Designer's Hardware Trojan Horse. HOST 2008, pages 82-83.
- Y. Alkabani, F. Koushanfar, N. Kiyavash, M. Potkonjak, Trusted Integrated Circuits: A Nondestructive Hidden Characteristics Extraction Approach. In IH 2008, pages 102-117.
Hardware security, low power design, and embedded systems. She has been also interested in developing algorithms for swarm robots.
She has more than 20 research papers in international journals and conferences.