Department of Chemistry
Pakinam Askalani is a Professor of Chemistry at the American University in Cairo.
- P. Askalani and T. Genena, "The 3A2g - 3Tlg(F) Transition in the Spectrum of Some Oxygen-Li.gated Octahedral Nickel (II) Species", Transition Met. Chem. 11; 281-282 (1986).
- P. Askalani and F. M. Mikhail, "Thorium (IV). and Uranium (VI) Complexes with Some Hetrocyclic Azo Dyes in Absolute Ethanol", J. Radioanalytical Chemistry 76, No. 1, 27-34 (1983).
- F. Mikhail, P. Askalani, J. Burgess and R. Sherry, "Kinetics of Reactions of the Tris-(4-methyl-1, 10-phenanthroline) iron (II) Cation", Transition Met. Chem. 6, 51-54 (1981).
- P. Askalani and S. Sidhom, "Electronic Spectra of Ni (11) in Some Potassium Haloborate Glasses", J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem. 43, 689-694 (1981).
- F. Mikhail and P. Askalani, "Spectrophotometric Determination of Thorium (IV) with 1-(2-pyridylazo)-2-naphthol", Arab J. Nucl. Sc. & Appl. 14, No. 2, 401-416 (1981).
- P. Askalani and T. Absi, "Some Bonding Aspects of Cobalt Ions in Phosphate Glasses", J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem. 41, 31-35 (1979).
- M. Blandamer, J. Burgess, R. Haines, F. Mikhail and P. Askalani, "Kinetics of Reactions of Schiff-base Complexes of Iron (II); Part 6: The Preparation and Kinetics of Reactions of Complexes of Multidentate Ligands" J. Chem. Soc. (Dalton), 1001-1008 (1978).
- M. Blandamer, J. Burgess, P. Cookson, D. Roberts, P. Wellings, - F. Mikhail and P. Askalani, "Reactions of Low-Spin Iron (II) Complexes with Hydroxide Ion in Aqueous Methanol: The Effect of Ligand on Rates of Reaction", J. Chem. Soc. (Dalton), 996-1000 (1978).
- P. Askalani and R. Bailey, "Some Substituted Urea and Thiourea Complexes of Co (II), Mn (II) and Cr (III)", Canadian J. Chem. 4, No. 12, 2275-2282 (1969). Based on Ph.D. Thesis.
- A. M. Bishay and P. Askalani, "Properties of Antimony Glasses in Relation of Structure", Proceedings of the VII International Congress on Glass, Brussels, 24:1-24.12 (July 1965). Based on M.Sc. Thesis.
- 1968: Ph.D. , Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, N.Y., USA
- 1964: M.Sc., The American University in Cairo
- 1962: B.Sc., The American University in Cairo
- Coordination Compounds of Transition Metals
- Chemistry Education