Nicolas Hamelin holds a Ph.D. in Physics from Sussex University in the UK, an M.Sc in Environmental Management from Ulster University, and a PhD in Business at the Royal Docks Business School, University of East London. In Hong Kong, he worked as a photojournalist for Window, Elle, and Virgin. He later trained as a TV news reporter at INA, Paris, and worked for TV-Grenoble as a local news reporter. Previously, he was a research fellow for the City University of Hong Kong, the Foundation for Fundamental Research on Matter and the Energy Center of the Netherlands. In international business, he worked at ST-Ericsson and at Nokia BU, as a technical and strategic marketing manager. Hamelin served as an assistant professor in the School of Business at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco, and has been an associate professor of Marketing at SPJAIN Singapore, SPJAIN Sydney, and Franklin University in Switzerland. He is the director of the SPJAIN neuroscience lab in Sydney. Hamelin is also an analyst for Euromonitor International, a London-based global marketing research agency, and the founder of IPT LTY ltd a neuroscience startup based in Sydney Australia. His main research interests are in the fields of consumer behavior, neuro-marketing, social marketing, and environmental management.
1. Hamelin, N. and Nwankwo, S., “Entrepreneurship Education for a Renascent Africa.” The Routledge Companion to Business in Africa, 371, 2014.
2. Hamelin, N., El Boukhari, M., & Nwankwo, S. (2018). Micro-Credit, Gender, and Corruption. In D. Gray & N. Sonneveld (Eds.), Women and Social Change in North Africa: What Counts as Revolutionary? (pp. 91-116). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
3. Hamelin, N., Gbadamosi, A., and Peters, L.M., “Marketing Communications and the Young Consumer.” Young Consumer Behaviour: A Research Companion, 121, 2017.
4. Hamelin, N., Gbadamosi, A., Mohaouchane, S., and Benelkaid, I., “Consumers Attitudes towards Debt: EmpiricalEvidence from Morocco.” Handbook of Research on Consumerism and Buying Behavior in Developing Nations. IGI Global, 53-76, 2016.
1. Hamelin, N., Thaichon, P., Abraham, C., Driver, N., Lipscombe, J., Naik, M., & Pillai, J. (2020). Storytelling, the scale of persuasion and retention: A neuromarketing approach. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 55, 102099.
2. Hamelin, N., Nwankwo, S., & Gbadamosi, A. (2020). Social marketing and the corruption conundrum in morocco: An exploratory analysis. World Development, 133, 104993.
3. Vahdat, A., Alizadeh, A., Quach, S., & Hamelin, N. (2020). Would you like to shop via mobile app technology? The technology acceptance model, social factors and purchase intention. Australasian Marketing Journal (AMJ).
4. Hamelin, N., Mandrekar, K., Harcar, T., “Negative Marketing in Political Campaigns and It’s Effect on the Voting Decision of the Indian Millennial.” Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics, 12(23), 1-15, 2019.
5. Hamelin, N., and Nasiri, N., “Entrepreneurship Driven by Opportunity and Necessity: Effects of Educations, Gender, and Occupation in MENA.” Asian Journal of Business Research, 8(2), 57, 2018.
6. Hamelin, N., Mokannef, A., and Gbadamosi, A. "Colour Cosmetics Consumption among Moroccan Women: Examining the Nexus of Attitudes, Religion and the Media." International Journal of Consumer Studies, 42(6), 755-767, 2018.
7. Hamelin, N., Nasiri, N., Rezaei, S., and El Haddou-Yousefi, Y. "Comparing Work-Related Values of U.S., Canadian, Chinese, Iranian, and Moroccan Business Students: Multi-Theory Perspective." Asian Journal of Business Research. Vol.8, Issue 1, June 2018.
8. Hamelin, N., El Moujahid, O., & Thaichon, P. (2017). Emotion and advertising effectiveness: A novel facial expression analysis approach. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 36, 103-111.
9. Hamelin, N., and Thaichon, P. "Consumer Motives and Impact of Western Media on the Moroccan Luxury Buyer."Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 32, 164-170, 2016. Nicolas Hamelin – Page 5 of 5
10. Hamelin, N., and Yasmina, E.F. "The Effect of Media and Economics on the Change of Divorce Rate in Morocco."International Journal of Academic Research and Reflection, 4 (3), 20-30, 2016.
11. Hamelin, N., Nwankwo, S., and Idriss Filali, M., "Investigating the Efficiency of the Moroccan Anti-Corruption Campaign - ACRN." Corruptionresearchnetwork.org, 2015.
12. Hamelin, N., Frija, L., and Talha, H., "Assessment of Moroccans Perception towards Products/Services AdvertisingCredibility in the Telecommunication Sector." Proceedings of the 2015 International Academy of Business Disciplines 27th Annual Conference. P.3. www.iabdnet.org/IABD%20PROCEEDINGS%202015.pdf , 2015.
13. Hamelin, N., Nwankwo, S., and Khaled, M., "Consumer Values, Motivation and Purchase Intention for Luxury Goods."Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 21(5), 735-744, 2014.
14. Hamelin, N., Bachleda, C., and Benachour, O., "Does Religiosity Impact Moroccan Muslim Women's Clothing Choice?" Journal of Islamic Marketing, 5(2), 3-3, 2014.
15. Hamelin, N., and Harcar, T., "Ethical Consumerism: A View from the Food Industry in Morocco." Journal of Food Products Marketing a Taylor and Francis Journal, 2014.
16. Hamelin, N., Nwankwo, S., and El Hadouchi, R., "Faking Brands: Consumer Responses to Counterfeiting." Journal of Consumer Behavior, 12(3), 2013.
17. Hamelin, N., and Nwankwo, S., "Managing the Environment, People and Herds: Sustainability of the Moroccan Cedar Forest." World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development, 10(4), 2-2, 2013.
18. Hamelin, N., Bachleda, C., and Sahia, O., "Winning FIFA World Cup Bids: Country Image Analysis as a Tool to Understand and Secure Bids. A Moroccan Case Study." International Journal of Sport Management, Recreation, and Tourism, 10, 1- 27, 2012.
19. Hamelin, N., Ellouzi, M., and Canterbury, A., "Consumer Ethnocentrism and Country of Origin Effects in the Moroccan Market." The Journal of Global Marketing, Vol. 24, No. 3., 2011.
20. Hamelin, N., Aznay, H., Monette, C., and Kalpakian, J., "Trigger Factors of Terrorism Social Marketing Analysis as a Tool for Security Studies - A Moroccan Case Study." The International Journal of Euro-Mediterranean Studies, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2010.
21. Hamelin, N., Harcar, T., Maimmadi, Z., "Understanding the Moroccan Consumer Behavior to Improve Retailers Queuing System." Advance in Global Management Department, Vol. XVII-2009, 177-182, 2010.
22. Hamelin, N., Nassali, A. and Harcar, T., "Determining Churn Drivers in Moroccan Telecom Sector."Journal of International Business Disciplines, Vol. 4, No. 2, May 2010, 16-41, 2009.
23. Hamelin, N., Kik, P.G., Suyver, J.F., Kikoin, K., Polman, A., Schonecker, A., Saris, F.W., "Energy Backtransfer and Infrared Photoresponse in Erbium-Doped Silicon P-N Diodes." Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 88, No. 9, 5381-5387, 2000.
24. Hamelin, N., and Chow, Y.T., "Second Harmonic Generation in Implanted Mq:LiNBO3 Optical Waveguides." Journal Modern Optics, Vol. 45, No. 10, 2125-2129, 1998.
25. Hamelin, N., Changquing, W., and Chow, Y.T., "Low-Threshhold, High Efficiency, Linearly Polarized 1. 338 MM Nd:S-VAP Laser and Its Frequency Doubling." Journal Modern Optics, Vol. 45, No. 10, 2139-2145, 1998.
26. Hamelin, N., Chandler, P.J., Chow, Y.T., Huang, X, and Townsend, P.D., "Cr: LiSrAFI6 Optical Waveguides Defined by Ion Beam Implantation." NIM, B127/128, 528-532, 1997.
27. Hamelin, N., Lifante, G., Chandler, P.J., Townsend, P.D., Pityana, S., and McCaffres, A.J. "SHG in Ion Implanted Niobate Optical Waveguides." Journal Modern Optics, Vol. 41, No. 7, 1339-1348, 1994.
28. Hamelin, N., Chandler, P.J., and Townsend, P.D., "Charactersation of Ion Implanted Waveguides in Barium Floride."Phys. Stat. Sol(a), 134.557, 1992.
29. Hamelin, N., Babsail, L., and Townsend, P.D., "Helium Ion Implanted Waveguides in Zircon." NIM, B59/60, 1219-1222, 1991.
30. Hamelin, N., and Harcar, T., “Neuroscience and Marketing – New Frontiers?” Book Contemporary Approach to Marketing, Istanbul University Press.
- Social Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Environmental Management
- PhD Business, University of East London, Royal Docks Business School
- PhD Physics, Sussex University
- M.Sc. Environmental Management, Ulster University
- M.Sc. Physics, University Grenoble Alpes.