Mustafa Toprak is an assistant professor of educational administration at The American University in Cairo's (AUC) School of Humanities and Social Sciences. Toprak completed his bachelor's degree in English language education at Boğaziçi University in 2004. He obtained his master's degree in educational administration, supervision, planning, and economics from Fırat University in 2011, and a doctoral degree in educational administration, supervision, planning, and economics from Gaziantep University in 2015. He previously worked as a student counselor at the Center for Talented Youth organized by Johns Hopkins University, taught English at K-12 and tertiary level, and education courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. He is currently the regional editor for Bloomsbury’s Digital series on education and childhood (Egypt).
- Toprak, M., Tosten, R., & Alçiçek, Z. (2022). Teacher stress and work-family conflict: Examining a moderation model of psychological capital. Irish Educational Studies.
- Bekele, T. A., Toprak, M., Karkouti, I. M., & Wolsey, T. (2021). Regional intergovernmental organizations in the Global South: Emerging education policy nodes between the global and the national. Education Policy Analysis Archives, 29(130), 1-21.
- Karkouti, I., Wolsey, T., Abate, T., Toprak, M. (2021). Empowering teachers during refugee crises: Social support they need to thrive. Teaching and Teacher Education. 107.
- Badran, A., & Toprak, M. (2020). Sustainability of education reforms: An investigation into the professional development component of USAID/Egypt Education Reform Program (ERP, 2004-2009). Education Policy Analysis Archives, 28(129), 1-34.
- Toprak, M., & Karakuş, M. (2020). Outcomes of school administrators’ emotions: A review of empirical evidence in the Asian context. In Junjun Chen, Ronnel B. King (Eds.). Emotions in learning, teaching, and leadership: Asian perspectives (pp. 165-183). Routledge.
- Toprak, M., & Savaş, A.C. (2020). School headmasters’ emotional intelligence and teachers’ job satisfaction: Moderation effect of emotional labor. New Horizons in Adult Education and Human Resource Development, 32(2), 4-18.
- Toprak, M. (2019). An investigation into educational decision-making in a centralized education system: Governance principals and the case of national education councils (Şûras). International Journal of Education Policy & Leadership, 15(11), 1-17.
- Toprak, M., Karakus, M., Chen, J. (2019). Teachers’ attitudes towards their school managers and their intent to leave: A gender-moderated model. Current Psychology, 40, 5919-5933.
- Karkouti, I., Wolsey, T., Toprak, M. (2019). Restoring hope for Syrian refugees: Social support students need to excel at school. International Migration, 58(4), 21-36.
- Toprak, M. (2017). Mismatch between teachers’ need for change and change in practice: What if what they see is not what they want?. International Journal of Leadership in Education. 21(89), 669-689.
- Karakuş, M., Üstüner, M., & Toprak, M. (2014). Two alternative models on the relationships between organizational justice, organizational commitment, burnout, and job satisfaction of education supervisors. Korean Educational Development Institute (KEDI) Journal of Educational Policy, 11(1), 69-94.
- Foundations of educational research
- Strategic educational planning and development
- Foundations of instructional practices for classroom teachers
- Research-based instructional leadership
- Organizational theory and educational institutions
- Fundamentals of teaching and learning
- Introduction to educational psychology
- Classroom management strategies
- Teaching practicum
- School reform
- Educational policy-making
- Organizational behavior at schools