George Marquis is the dean of students and holds the rank of senior instructor in the Department of Rhetoric and Composition. Marquis holds a PhD in Higher Education Leadership from Colorado State University. His dissertation was a phenomenological study of the lived experience of re-entry adjustment of Fulbright alumni from North Africa and South Asia. Marquis was previously an associate dean in AUC's School of Humanities and Social Sciences. As a consultant to the Institute of International Education, Marquis has supported the implementation of the Fulbright program worldwide. Previously, he directed the Institute of International Education's scholarship management project in Qatar, which managed Qatari undergraduate student scholarships worldwide.
- PhD, Colorado State University, USA
- MA, 1987, American University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
- BA, 1985, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Excellence in Academic Service Award (2015)
- Excellence in Teaching Award (2013)
- Technical Communication
- Business Communication
- Approaches to Critical Writing
In the Media
- It is 19 years since the heir to the Syrian presidency died in a car crash. His younger brother Bashar would eventually become the next President. Hear from someone who knew him well. January 21, 2013.
- The House of Assad, September 15, 2012.
- Intersectionality and Identity
- Re-entry Adjustment
- Cross-cultural factors in education