Ernest Wolf-Gazo has been a professor of philosophy at The American University in Cairo since 1991.
Wolf-Gazo received his BA at George Washington University in 1969 (philosophy and classical Greek); his PhD (magna cum laude) from Bonn University (West Germany) in 1974 and his habilitation (German tenure) from Muenster University (Westphalia, Germany) in 1984.
Wolf-Gazo has been a post-doctoral fellow at Yale University in 1985 -1986 and a visiting professor at Leuven University, Belgium at 1984 - 1985.
He was a visiting professor at the universities of Bonn, Dortmund, Duesseldorf, Seoul, Istanbul, Ankara, Afyon Kocatepe, Kuala Lumpur, Tehran, Georgetown, Maryland, and Macedonia.
His volume on A.N.Whitehead -- Einfuehrung in seine Kosmologie (Freiburg: Alber Verlag, 1980) -- has established itself as a basic text at German universities; his volume on Process in Context (1988) had a significant impact on Whitehead studies.
- Analytical Ethics and Ethos: An Inquiry into Moral Language and Norms (Bonn Diss 1974)
- (Whitehead and Locke's Concept of Power, 1985)
- (MaxWeber and Islam, 2005)
- (John Dewey in Turkey, 1996)
- (Raum und Natur im Design von Hassan Fathy, 2009)
- (Sacred and Secular Space in the Art of Caspar David Friedrich and Edward Hooper: On Existence and Solitude in German Romanticism and American Modernity, 2010)
- (Metaphysical Presuppositions of Modern Science, 2011)
- (Theodor W. Adorno: A Critical Exile, 2013)
- "Cultural Life in 20th Istanbul and the German Exile Scholars", 2013
- "Cairo as Collage: Aspects of Metropolis", 2013
- "Contextualizing Averroes within the German Hermeneutic Tradition", 2013
"Habermas and Young Hegelian Dialectics" (with Habermas reply) in S.Rapics, ed. Habermas and Historischer Materialismus. Freiburg: Alber 2016 (2nd edition), 2016
- Max Weber and the social sciences
- Sociology of knowledge
- A.N. Whitehead
- Philosophy of history