Diaaeldin Taha is assistant professor of mathematics at The American University in Cairo. He earned his PhD from The University of Washington in Seattle before joining the AUC. His research is concerned with applications of ergodic theory and dynamical systems to geometry and number theory. He is also interested in computational and experimental mathematics, and visualizing mathematics.
- On Cross Sections to the Geodesic and Horocycle Flows on Quotients of SL(2, R) by Hecke Triangle Groups. https://arxiv.org/abs/1906.07250
- The Boca-Cobeli-Zaharescu Map Analogue for the Hecke Triangle Groups. https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.10668
- The Three Gap Theorem, Interval Exchange Transformations, and Zippered Rectangles. https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.04380
- 2015–2019 PhD, University of Washington in Seattle, USA.
- 2013–2015 PhD Student, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- 2010–2011 Master of Advanced Studies in Mathematics, University of Cambridge, UK.
- 2006–2010 Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Cairo University, Egypt.