Aliaa Bassiouny is associate professor of finance (tenure) at The American University in Cairo, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in business finance, international finance, investment analysis, portfolio management, financial modeling and financial econometrics. Bassiouny is involved in various executive financial training programs in financial analysis, financial projections, valuation and modeling aimed at business professionals, bankers and entrepreneurs. She is the finance trainer for the AUC V-lab and the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women program at AUC. She has been involved in a number of strategic consultancies for various entities in the fields of financial services, real estate and venture capital.
Bassiouny holds a BBA and an MBA both with a specialization in finance from The American University in Cairo. She obtained her master's in research (MRes) and PhD (cum laude) from ESADE Business School in Spain. Bassiouny has an extensive research agenda on emerging markets, with her current research interests focused on the pricing dynamics of international foreign listed stocks as well as examining international portfolio management strategies of foreign investors in emerging markets using high frequency datasets.
- Bassiouny, Aliaa, and Eskandar Tooma. "Trading Better Versus Making More: Evidence from an Emerging Market." Emerging Markets Finance and Trade just-accepted (2016).
- Aliaa Bassiouny and Eskandar Tooma “The effect of political uprisings on the location of price discovery: Evidence from Egyptian cross-listed equities” Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (Thomson Reuters JCR Indexed Journal with impact factor), forthcoming.
- Aliaa Bassiouny, Eskandar Tooma and Carmen Ansotegui, “The Proof is in the Pudding: Arbitrage is Possible in Limited Markets”, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money (ELSEVIER), forthcoming, Issue 23, February 2013.
- Aliaa Bassiouny, Eskandar Tooma and Carmen Ansotegui, “An Investigation of Intraday Price Discovery in Cross-Listed in Emerging Market Equities” Investment Analysts Journal (Thomson Reuters JCR Indexed Journal with impact factor), # 77 May 2013.
- Aliaa Bassiouny, Eskandar Tooma and Carmen Ansotegui, “The Law of One Price in Global Depository Receipts: Empirical Evidence from Cross-Listed Egyptian Equities” Middle Eastern Finance and Economics, Issue 17, 2012.
- International Finance
- Portfolio Management
- Emerging Markets
- Market Microstructure