Adel Awad received his PhD in high energy physics in 2001 from University of Kentucky in the United States. In the last year of his PhD, he was awarded the University of Kentucky Graduate School Fellowship, which enabled him to spend this year at Massachusetts Institute of Technology and collaborate with different members of the physics department. In the same year he accepted a research fellow position in the physics department of the University of Cincinnati for two years.
After returning to Egypt, he was hired as an assistant professor in the Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University in 2004. In 2006, he accepted a visiting assistant professor position at the physics and astronomy department of the University of Kentucky for two years. In the last seven years, he worked as an associate professor at Zewail City and the British University in Egypt.
He has received several awards, such as the State Award in Physics (Egypt) 2010, the Misr El-Khair Foundation’s Award for “Publications Award in Physics” 2010 and 2015, the High Impact Research Award, The British University in Egypt, 2016, and the Ain Shams University’s Award (Hussain Abou Al Ela's Award) for the best research in Theoretical Physics 2006.
Awad's research interest covers different areas in High Energy Physics and Cosmology theory, such as: classical and quantum aspects of black holes’ physics and certain problems in Cosmology, especially, dark energy, dark matter and inflation theory. On the other hand, he is interested in various extensions of the Standard Model of Particle Physics.
- D-dimensional charged Anti-de-Sitter black holes in f(T) gravity, A.M. Awad, S. Capozziello, G.G.L. Nashed, Journal of High Energy Physics, 1707, 136 (2017); arXiv:1706.01773.
- Generalized teleparallel cosmology and initial singularity crossing, Adel Awad and Gamal Nashed, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics, arXiv:1701.06899.
- Weyl Anomaly and Initial Singularity Crossing, Adel Awad, Physical Review D 93, 084006 (2016); arXiv:1512.06405.
- Higher Derivative Terms in Three Dimensional Supersymmetric Theories, Adel Awad and Mir Faizal, Journal of High Energy Physics, 1510, 002 (2015); arXiv:1503.08820.
- Four Dimensional Supersymmetric Theories in Presence of a Boundary, Mir Faizal and Adel Awad, Physics Letters B748 (2015) 414; arXiv:1502.07717.
- Minimal Length, Friedmann Equations and Maximum Density. Adel Awad and Ahmed Farag Ali, Journal of High Energy Physics, 1406, 093 (2014); arXiv:1404.7825.
- Planck-scale Corrections to the Friedmann equation, Adel Awad and Ahmed Farag Ali, Central European Journal of Physics 12 (2014) 245.
- Nonsingular Rainbow Universes, Adel Awad, Ahmed Farag Ali, Barun Majumder, Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics 10, 052 (2013); arXiv:1308.4343.
- Fixed points and FLRW cosmologies: Flat case, Adel Awad, Physical Review D 87, 03001(2013); arXiv:1303.2014.
- Muon Anomalous Magnetic Moment and mu -> e gamma in B-L Model with Inverse Seesaw, W. Abdallah, A. Awad, S. Khalil, H. Okada, European Physics Journal C72 2108(2012); arXiv:1105.1047.
- Slowly Varying Dilaton Cosmologies and their Field Theory Duals, A. Awad, S. Das, A. Ghosh, J. Oh, S. Trivedi, , Physical Review D 80, 126011(2009); arXiv:0906.3275.
- Gauge Theories with Time Dependent Couplings and their Cosmological Duals, A. Awad, S. Das, S, Nampuri, K. Narayan, and S. Trivedi, Physical Review D79, 046004 (2009); arXiv:0807.1517.
- First Law, Counter-terms, and Kerr-AdS5 Black Holes, A. Awad, International Journal of Modern Physics D 18, No.3, 405 (2009); arXiv:hep/0708.3458.
- Holomorphic Higher-Derivative Terms in Supersymetric Effective Action, P. C. Argyres, A. Awad, P. Moomaw, and J. Wittig, Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Supersymmetries and Quantum Symmetries (SQS 07), Dubna, Russia.
- Gauge Theory Duals of Null and Space-like Cosmologies and Their Energy Momentum Tensors, A. Awad, S. Das, K. Narayan, and S. Trivedi, , Physical Review D77 (2008), 046008; [arXiv:0711.2994]
- Five-Dimensional Kerr–AdS Black Holes, First Law and Counterterms, A. Awad, International Journal of Modern Physics A22 (2008), 5700.