Director, Academic Affairs Projects, Provost Office (50030733)
Reports to: Provost
Purpose: The Director of Academic Affairs Projects will work closely with the Provost to strategize, plan, execute and align a variety of programs, projects, services, and initiatives that are large-scale in scope and complexity.
• Directs and integrates the activities of multiple, project operations; ensures that project efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the University's mission, goals, and strategic plan.
• Develops and establishes policies and operating objectives consistent with those of the university to ensure efficient and effective implementation of cross-University projects.
• Participates in and oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of schools/departmental project objectives and short- and long-range plans; develops tracking and evaluation programs to assist in the accomplishment of established project goals and objectives.
• Manages the working relationships between project leadership, University administration, and principle business and operational stakeholders.
• Facilitate the collaboration of Schools and other offices to plan, design and implement changes which aim at improving/enhancing academic services.
• Conduct gaps analysis between current situation and desired outcome. Utilize appropriate resources to obtain information, consider alternatives, and deliver the solution.
• Propose innovative solutions and alternatives to regularly ensure and improve the performance, productivity, and efficiency of Academic Area’s operations and services.
• Partner with Associate Provosts and Deans to ensure outstanding quality work and consistency in the daily operations.
• Analyze proposals submitted from academic units to the Provost for review, approval or decision.
• Assist with the development of strategic communications.
• Monitor the “AUC Provost” email daily, ensuring timely alerts to the provost of important messages, and prompt responses.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum education requirement: University Degree is required; Master’s degree is an asset.
Experience: Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant professional experience in related field out of which at least 5 in project management. Previous Experience with Educational Institute is preferred.
• Ability to coordinate work projects, determine priorities, set deadlines and complete projects accordingly.
• Proven ability to create engaging written content across platforms.
• Proficiency in content management software, social media platforms, web analytics and social media monitoring.
• Verbal communication skills are a necessity along with an ability to work as part of a team and with distinct units within the Office of the Provost.
• Has the ability to solve problems through creativity, strategic thought and planning. A desire to develop professionally, stay on top of new trends and developments in marketing and public relations and enhance skills is required.
• An in-house entrepreneurial spirit is desired.
Position is open until July 16, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50030733 Director, Academic Affairs Projects” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.