Travel Guidelines during COVID-19
New Rules for 2021
- For all travelers holding a COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued without a QR code in the country that the passenger is coming from, the certificate will be accepted if it is approved and authorized by the Egyptian embassy based in this country.
- For passengers who are fully vaccinated in Egypt, the electronic vaccination certificate issued from The Egyptian Ministry of Health and holding its logo is the only acceptable vaccination certificate.
- All travelers of all nationalities holding a COVID-19 vaccination certificate arriving from all destinations worldwide will be exempted from providing PCR test certificates. Exception applies.
- All travelers of all nationalities holding a COVID-19 vaccination certificate arriving from or transiting via India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Bhutan, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, or Latin America within fourteen days before arriving in Egypt will be required to do an ID now Covid-19 test upon arrival at the airport. If the ID now Covid-19 test is positive, a PCR test will follow. If the result is positive, the traveler will be quarantined at an authorized governmental hospital with further procedures.
All travelers of all nationalities arriving in Egypt with no COVID-19 vaccination certificate must have a negative PCR test stamped with the authorized laboratory’s stamp or with a QR Code indicating the hour and the date of the sample. A hard copy of the PCR test is required and not electronic.
A vaccination certificate will be accepted if it meets the following requirements:
- Issued by an authorized and accredited laboratory or authority in the issuing country
- Linked with a QR Code and does not contain scraping, cancellation, or addition
- 14 days have passed since taking the second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, or Sputnik
- 14 days have passed since the first dose of Johnson & Johnson
- All passengers, including Egyptians, traveling to Egypt must be in possession of a negative PCR test (72) hours (before the departure time of the last direct flight to Egypt).
- An exception is made for passengers traveling from (Japan, China, Thailand, North America, South America, Canada, London (Heathrow), Rome, Paris, Frankfurt, New Zealand, Australia, and South Korea) PCR test will be 96 hours before departure time
- All children "regardless of their nationalities" under six years old are exempted from the PCR test
The submitted PCR certificate will be accepted if it meets these requirements:
- It includes the hour and the date of sampling, which is the date on which the 72 hours will be counted
- Issued by an authorized accredited laboratory and stamped with the laboratory’s stamp OR with a QR code “instead of the laboratory stamp” and does not contain scraping, cancellation, or addition
- Indicating that the type of the test is (RT - PCR)
- The certificate is accepted in Arabic, English, or French language
- The RT-PCR certificate must be an original paper certificate (a copy is not allowed)
Countries Entry Instructions
To check the countries' entry instructions, click here.